Now that vROps 6.0 is finally out, it’s time to get our hadnsThe purpose of this post is to explore the migration process to move from vC Ops 5 to vC Ops
- Upgrades from 5.x versions of the product will be side by side migration
- Data will be migrated during this process from 5.x to new release
- Side by side ensures that all data can be moved correctly from old database structures to new database structures
- Clients can choose to run 5.x in parallel with the new release
- Both instances would be collecting
- Can run for as long as they choose
Migration – High Level
- Side by side migration upgrade (vC Ops 5.8.1 still running)
- Multiple vC Ops 5.8.1 to one vC Ops 6.0, in sequential
- Multiple form factor migration
–vApp-> va, installable->installable, installable->va
- vC Ops 6.0 can monitor resources while migrating
- Minimum supported prior vC Ops version is 5.8.1
- Validate the source (prior) vC Ops and target (6.0) vC Ops
1. Login to vR Ops and navigate to ‘Solution’
2. After clicking ‘Import Data’, the following screen will appear.
Enter the vC Ops 5.x IP address and the admin’s password, and hit the ‘Add Source’ button.
3. Accept the certificate
4. Make sure that there are’nt capacity issues
This is the status which you want to be in
and not this one
5. Next screen will list all solutions that will be migrate as well
6. When you’re ready, just hit the ‘Finish’ button.
7. Boom! there you have it.